Terms & Conditions
Midlands Wedding DJ always strives to provide a professional and successful service. In order to safeguard ourselves and our client we have put the following T’s & C’s into place.
General terms & conditions:
- Should your venue be situated more than 100km from Pietermaritzburg, we would require reasonable accommodation for both the DJ & Assistant. Accommodation provided should preferably be of 3 star or equivalent.
- We prefer to meet with the bride and groom prior to the wedding and are available to meet after 18h00, Monday to Friday or Sundays between 11h00 and 14h00.
- Midlands Wedding DJ, their employees or any person employed at a function will not accept responsibility nor be held liable for any loss, damage, or injury to persons or property, of the client or associated with the client due to negligence or any other cause whatsoever. While every precaution will be taken to ensure the safeguarding of your belongings, Midlands Wedding DJ will not be liable for any loss, theft or damage to any property whatsoever.
- Midlands Wedding DJ reserves the right to cancel any confirmed booking and without liability on our part in the event of any changes or any other cause beyond our control which shall prevent us from performing our obligations. Should this occur, every effort will be made to provide a suitable/experienced replacement DJ.
- Midlands Wedding DJ reserves the right to discontinue any musical arrangements, or cut off the electrical power, or end the proceedings altogether, at any time or any duration of time or for any reason that may, in our sole discretion, be harmful to property, staff or guests.
DJ Equipment & Liability
- Should a person attending the function or anyone, directly or indirectly, involved with the function, damage with or without intent, the DJ’s equipment, the client will be liable for the cost of any repairs or replacement.
- Should any of the DJ’s equipment be damaged, lost or stolen due to the above, or any other reasons, the client may not claim non-rendering of services, and will be held liable for any repairs or replacement of the equipment.
- For safety reasons and to prevent damage to DJ equipment we reserve the right to terminate all sound operation if the power supply outlets provided do not meet our minimum requirements.
Abuse of DJ and associated staff:
- Should any person attending the function abuse the DJ or associated staff in any way, be it physical, verbal or other, we reserve the right to and may decide to immediately terminate the rendering of services. Should this clause apply, No refunds will be considered.
- Should any DJ equipment be in danger at any time for whatever reason, we reserve the right to terminate or amend the rendering of services. This is due to the fact that the client remains responsible for all equipment at the venue.
- Should the abuse clause be implemented, the DJ reserves the right to claim remuneration based on the actual number of hours worked or the minimum number of hours (whichever is the greater value) including any other expenses incurred.
- Please note that the above will only be considered as a last resort when all available avenues have been considered with no amicable outcome.
Interruptions of service rendering:
- Accidents and “Acts of God”
- All equipment are maintained and serviced as required. Unfortunately the occasional problem does occur as with any electronic equipment. The DJ will endeavor to best recover from any such situation. Should all else fail, we cannot be held liable for the disruption/failure of the function. Payment up until that point will still be required.
- Midlands Wedding DJ will not be held liable for any interruptions of services (Power failures or scheduled Load Shedding, water, sanitary services etc), or any other cause beyond our control that will prevent us from performing our obligations during a function.
Cost of travel & Accommodation:
- Cost of travel as well as accommodation required (if applicable) will be indicated on our quotation.
Cancellations after confirmation of a booking:
- Cancellations of more than 6 months prior to the confirmed function date, will attract a 50% cancellation & admin fee of the total amount that was originally quoted.
- Cancellations of less than 6 months, but more than 3 months prior to the confirmed function date, will attract a 75% cancellation & admin fee of the total amount that was originally quoted.
- Cancellations of less than 3 months prior to the confirmed function date, will attract a 100% cancellation & admin fee of the total amount that was originally quoted.
- All cancellation fees are payable immediately.
- Dates & venues are not transferable – A change in dates or venues will warrant a new quotation & deposit in order to secure our services. This is also depending on the DJ’s availability. All changes must be confirmed in writing.
- A deposit payment of 50% of the amount as quoted is required in order to confirm your function. Your function will only be confirmed once payment clears in our account.
- The less 10% discount offer only applies when full and immediate payment is made at the time of acceptance of our quotation within 30 days of the date of our quotation.
- All bookings must be paid in full 2 weeks prior to your function date. Overtime as quoted is strictly payable up front and in cash. Midlands Wedding DJ reserves the right to cancel your booking should any outstanding amounts not be paid in full prior to your booking date. NO cheques will be accepted.
- Please quote your reference number as indicated on your quotation, when making any payments.
- In the event that the DJ has to setup any equipment prior to the scheduled setup time as a result of venue regulations or any other reason, we reserve the right to charge standard fees plus accommodation (if required).
- The client is required to sign the Quotation & Booking form. Should this form not be signed, but services in any way are rendered by the DJ, or any remuneration is paid to the DJ it will be deemed that the client is in agreement with all terms and conditions as mentioned, and an agreement is binding as if the client had physically signed the acceptance form.
- Quotations are valid for 30 days from the date that you were quoted. Unfortunately due to the nature of our business all bookings are considered on a first come, first serve basis.
Updated 15 June 2020